**Post last updated on March 16, 2020 at 9:30pm**
We are officially moving all of our classes to online streaming as of Tuesday March 17th. If you have a pass or membership and have not recieved instructions on how to sign up for and access online classes, please email us at email@example.com.
If you do not have a membership, please check out the pricing options on our website: theyogalounge.ca/buy-online/
If you are financially affected by COVID-19 and would still like to practice with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our newly introduced online affordable pricing option.
For those with mats still at the studio, you can come in quietly during regularly scheduled classes and retrieve your mats. The studio door will be unlocked.
Let’s keep practicing together!
We hope this email finds you well during this challenging time!
Upon hearing the news of schools and daycares in Alberta being closed due to COVID-19, we are transitioning the studio to ONLINE classes, including live streaming of regular classes. Here are the details:
- Monday, March 16th will be our last day of public classes
- Classes will move to entirely online on Tuesday, March 17th
- Once we transition to online, we will send you all of the details for signing up for and logging into the live streaming classes via Zoom
- You will need a membership or pass option to access the daily live streaming Zoom classes
- We will also have a catalogue of uploaded classes available in our Vimeo Lounge Flix account, available via a login we will provide to you
- You will be able to come in and retrieve your yoga mats in the coming days. You can either come in tomorrow (Monday) 15 minutes before or after any regularly scheduled classes, or during classes in the coming days. Teachers will be in the studio live streaming the classes, so if you can come in very quietly during those times and get your mat – they will leave the door unlocked.
If you are attending class for our last day of in-person classes, Monday March 16th, here are some additional guidelines for we are implementing:
- When you arrive at class, you no longer have to use the sign-in sheet – just tell the teacher your name verbally.
- Please space your mats apart as much as possible during classes.
We want to keep you abreast of the most recent studio updates. This News post will be kept updated on an on-going basis with any new information.
This decision today was a difficult one, but we do hope that we can continue to maintain a sense of community and connection during this time through taking the studio online. We care very much about our students, and want to do what is best for everyone!
Thanks for your understanding! Together we can flatten the curve!
Let’s keep practicing,
Jeff & The Yoga Lounge Team
Previous Email from March 14th, 2020
As the studio owner, the most important thing is our wellbeing at the Yoga Lounge community.
These past few weeks, Kate, Amanda and myself have been steadily making changes in response to the coronavirus. This email is to fill you in on how you can help, as well as the extra steps we are taking.
These are the precautions we are asking students to take:
- Please refrain from practicing at the studio if you have any cold or flu symptoms.
- If you have travelled to countries with an active travel health notice for COVID-19 by Health Canada (list of countries with active travel health notices), or if you think you may have been in contact with someone affected, again, please refrain from practicing at the studio for 14 days to ensure you are symptom free.
- Have clean hands before class. This is a powerful tool!
- As students, please refrain from hugging/touching each other in the studio. Culturally, the Yoga Lounge is an affectionate place, but let’s figure out different ways to greet each other!
- Disinfect your personal mat
- We are no longer asking students to physically sign the sign-in sheet when they enter the studio. We encourage you to sign in online before class, or verbally tell the teacher your name when you come to class.
As a studio, we are taking the following extra precautions:
- Signs and notices have gone up reminding students who are ill to not attend until healthy
- Hand sanitizer and Kleenex is readily available in the studio
- Signs have gone up in the bathroom reminding a 20 second wash time
- Teachers have been asked not to give hands-on assists, and refrain from shaking hands with and hugging students.
- Teachers returning from international vacations will wait 14 days before teaching
- Teachers are wiping down doorknobs and front desk with Lysol wipes.
- Our karma team is taking increased cleaning measures
- We have revised our cleaning products to meet the standards needed to kill the virus.
- Rental mats will be cleaned with a strong disinfectant.
- If you are immuno-compromised or in a higher risk category and don’t feel comfortable practicing at the studio at this time, please email us at email@example.com and we can put your account on hold for you.
Due to the challenges of properly disinfecting such a large volume of material on a daily basis, we will not be using yoga props for the near future. You are welcome to bring your own personal props, or if necessary, connect with us and we can arrange a set for you to borrow during this time.
Our regular mat spray, which does an excellent job, is not strong enough to clean against coronavirus. Rather than create a sense of false-security, we are removing these bottles and ask that you clean your mat at home.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. It’s a dynamic situation, and we will do our best to keep you informed with any upcoming changes.
Operating from a place of love AND an abundance of caution 🙂
Jeff and the Yoga Lounge Team