We are very pleased to welcome Andrea Peloso back to Canmore this March! Andrea has taught two highly successful Restorative Yoga Teacher Trainings at The Yoga Lounge, and is returning this time around to teach her 15-Hour Spine Immersion program which is appropriate for both students and teachers. More details below!
This fifteen-hour immersion explores yoga and the biomechanics of how your spine works. With this understanding you will know how your yoga can serve as a powerful healing tool for spinal health. You will receive an overview of the physiology of how properly applied yoga helps the spine, how the spine is impacted by daily life, and a special yoga routine for the spine. From this foundation we will be experiencing applied anatomy. Students will find a new sense of space, ease, and length in their spine and pelvis.
Themes (as time allows) include:
- Experiential Anatomy: Understanding Standing, Walking, into Standing Poses, Forward Bends, and Backbends
- Yoga for the Lower Lumbar Spine, Sacrum and Pelvis
- Protecting your Spine in the World
- Upper Back, and Spinal Curves
- Yoga for Thoracic, and Cervical Spine: Back bends that feel fabulous and heal the spine.
- Yoga for Scoliosis
- Friday, March 10th: 6 – 8PM
- Saturday, March 11th: 9 – 5PM (with 1-hour lunch)
- Sunday, March 12th: 11 – 5PM (with 1-hour break)
$315 + GST for 15 hours – teachers can count this workshop as continuing credits for massage therapy, yoga, and can fit pro
Theory and Practice Praise
“I absolutely loved the spinal immersion workshop! I am using many of the exercises in my classes every day, even subtle things like language cues for the body. The lessons learned in 15 hours were invaluable, and have become part of the fabric of my teaching and personal practice. Such a pleasure to be working with someone who so clearly is living her life’s purpose.”
~ Catherine Mattice, Yoga Instructor
“Andrea Peloso is a dedicated teacher who I trust to offer excellent instruction. She cares deeply for yoga students and the practice of yoga.”
~Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., PT, yoga teacher since 1971, and author of 8 books.
To learn more about Andrea and her teachings, please click here to go to her website.